Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My cat is my new alarm clock

I think my cat and my training plan are in cahoots with each other to get me on track for this upcoming half marathon. As strange as it sounds, for the last 3 weeks or so my elderly kitty has decided that 5:30am is the purrfect time to begin meowing incessantly until someone gets up and lets him outside. So, since I've already hit my alarm clock at least once by this time that person who gets up to let him out is me. And since I'm up, well, I might as well go for a run.

Today was one of those mornings. But instead of slogging through another early morning 5 miler I was surprisingly springy this morning and began right off at a 6:30/km pace. Today must have been popular with other runners too since I saw 4 others while I was out doing my loop. The coolest part though was when it was all over I looked at my Garmin and it said "You Win!" So I guess I went faster than I had predicted. Super sweet.

Thanks Wee Wee; same time tomorrow?

No comments: